When you open your closet and see it filled with clothes, yet feel you have nothing to wear, it’s likely the clothes don’t work for your life style, your personal style, or work together in ways that reflect you the way you want to be seen. The typical tendency is to go out and buy more”stuff”- to buy into the latest “must have” list. The opposite tendency is to stop buying anything, assuming that what you want is not available or cost too much. In either case, seize the moment and overcome the fear of fashion. Look at yourself and your clothes in the light of an objective wardrobe evaluation.
Benefits of Wardrobe Evaluation
Wardrobe Evaluation defines your likes and dislikes, defines your personal style. It helps you in knowing what you need to add or discard from the wardrobe. It helps you make better use of the clothing you already own. It aids in saving your time and energy in shopping, sorting,dressing,cleaning,pressing,repairing and replacing. It will also helps you create and maintain an attractive,healthy self-image, knowing that your clothes enhances your appearance. Think of the functions of wardrobe evaluation as rewards. Experiencing any of these rewards makes the time and effort worthwhile.
Clothes Sorting / Grouping
- Clothes you love or like and wear often go in the first groups.
- Clothes you don’t particularly like and may dislike, but must wear anyways because they are what you have, make up the second group
- Clothes you never wear, regardless of whether you like them or not, belong in the third group.
Discard What doesn’t Work
- Clothes too small or too short
- Clothes that are uncomfortable
- Clothes too large or too long
- Clothes that duplicate
- Clothes you have no place to wear
- Clothes obviously out of date
- Clothes worn out
- Clothes that no longer for your image