Oh! What a personality, I am sure you must have heard this n number of times from people around you or you must have said it yourself many a times. But what exactly does personality means? It’s a collection of traits, behaviors and attitudes that define a person. The word personality comes from the Latin word ‘persona’ which refers to a theatrical mask worn by performers for different roles. But today it means much more than that, attributes that can make a person more especial and unique.
In today’s competitive world, educational qualification is not enough if you want to leave a mark on people’s mind. Therefore, developing personality which is powerful and lead you to the success path is need of the hour.
There are no two individual that are same, they may look the same or have similar experiences but their environment, temperament and character makes them unique. There are different aspects that can develop one’s personality be it social, emotional, physical, spiritual, moral or mental. These various aspects provide us a different view into the process by which an individual’s personality is developed.
The first and the foremost criteria to develop personality is self-awareness. Only when you know who you are and what your capabilities are, you can work on it. According to psychological theory of self-awareness, we are not the sum of our emotions, reactions, and hormones, though these elements have a lot of influence over us. Rather, we are the level of consciousness that observes those things. Being self aware help us know more clearly about our own strengths and weaknesses, our values, our trigger points, our motivational level and our habits. Knowing about all these things helps you to stay positive, encourages growth mindset, boosts self confidences that leads to higher self belief and one can be higher at their emotional quotient.
Strategies to improve Self-Awareness
- Selective disclosure so that nothing can go against you
- Taking feedback from people around you that can help in strengthening your core strengths
- Journaling, a way of talking to your inner self
Ones a person is self aware and discovered the hidden aspects of themselves then comes working on making your personality distinguishable. Most of the time it’s our inner self that we need to work upon. Self-motivation is the key in developing ones personality.
How To Make Your Personality Vibrant- Tell Yourself
- You are Unique: As I said earlier no two persons can be same. Do not compare yourself with others. When you compare you lower your self esteem and doesn’t allow yourself to blossom. The creator has created each one of us with a touch of uniqueness and originality. Then why we human waste our time and energy in comparing ourself with others. Accept the way you are.
- Be Zealous: There will be a situation in life that will not be in our control. There will be times when your expectations will not be met. But despite all the adversities in life. one must never give up their enthusiasm.
- Be a communicator: Effective communication is the key to success especially in today’s time. Words have a power to make or break relationships. A skillful communicator can win over people and adverse situations. Try to bring clarity in your communication.
- Stay calm and composed: When a person stays calm and composed, it brings clarity and you can take better decisions. Being decisive is one of the top most quality of any successful person be it in personal or professional live.
- Learn to let go things: Letting go is empowering. In doing so, you demonstrate to yourself that you are competent, can make positive decisions, and have your own best interests at heart. Your Personal Productivity Will Skyrocket.
- Be spontaneous: A person who is impulsive can ever take good decisions and that can lead to disaster. There try to be focused in the present moments as spontaneity is the key to success.
- Embrace imperfection: People and situation do not always fit into your definition of perfection. Often that makes a person agitated, angry and frustrated, eventually diminishing the strength of their personality. So, learn to find peace amidst the world’s flaws even as you strive to make a change.
- Stay Positive: Positive people not only happy but they spread happiness too. Tune into this part of yourself again and again with the help of meditation. When you develop a positive attitude, you will start feeling better about yourself. You will treat yourself with more respect and love, and this in turn will boost your confidence levels and inner strength. You will take on new challenges and come out of your self-limiting beliefs
- Be Approachable: We all like people with whom we can easily get connected and with or whom we can easily talk to. One needs to be warm and friendly and be ready to share and help. Remember when your are helping other, indirectly you are helping yourself, and good deeds always pay off.
- Develop your own style in work: Each one of us have a certain style in dressing as well the way we carry our tasks. Doing things with style adds zing to your personality and if people can relate to your style it’s like icing on a cake. Remember the secret of doing things with style lies in working with passion and a relaxed mind. So while working on something try not to get distracted.
- Be assertive: Always speak your mind without hurting other person’s feelings. Don’t give into pressure and face every challenge confidently. Either you will overcome adversity of learn something valuable.
Work on all these factors as strong and attractive personality helps you gain recognition and acceptance from the society as well as people around. Will write about most important personality traits that will bring success in your life in my next post, so stay tuned…………