We are born without any preconceived idea about ourselves. As we grow older, we gain experience with ourselves, with our surroundings, and with others. We perceive our bodies and begin to develop ideas about ourselves that impact our lives.
There are six important Development levels, if achieved can lead you to achieve your goals.
Positive Body Image : This is how you perceive your physical self- the mental picture and ideas you have about your body size, shape, strength,coloration,features, and so forth. It begins to develop early in life and evolve over time. Body Image can be negative, positive,accurate or inaccurate. particularly as we form or perceive this image in comparison with others and in relation to cultural fashion ideals of what is considered attractive and what is not. Some steps which can enhance your Body image:
- Explore your personal body image with its strengths and limitations
- Confront thinking distortions related to your body
- Challenge misleading assumptions about body appearance
- Accept and love who you are
- Be comfortable with your body
- Have positive experience and positive affirmations with your body