This is my Fourth post on the theme Campus to Corporate. Hiring manager decides to call for an interview based on your impressive Resume and after you clear your other rounds like, technical, aptitude and group discussion.Therefore personal Interview is one of the most crucial in the process of recruitment as this is the final round which decides whether you are in or out.
Job interviews are of utmost importance for you as a job aspirants, especially if you are taking your first step in this regards. Hiring manager calls for an interview only if you pass through Group discussion especially if they are going for mass hiring. A good interview can make or break the confidence of a job seeker. In this world of employment it is more important than ever to have good interviewing skills due to increasing competition and the main reason for this is that graduation rates are increasing and students will leave college with more competition. If you fail to create a good impression it could cost you an opportunity.
This shows that having good grades and appropriate working experience is not enough to get your dream job, you need to have strong interviewing skills.
Planning and preparation before the interview
- Collect as much as information as you can about the organization you will be going for an interview.
- Go through the job description and requirement in detail as you will know what is expected from you.
- Resume and Interview call letter should be carried along when you are called for an interview.
- It is important that you confirm the date and venue before you head for the interview.
- Groom properly and look your professional (Dressing) best.
- Conduct mock interview with your friends and family members.
- Be prepared with the expected questions you expect, read and reread and edit them to make them concise and practice these polished answers out loud, repeatedly.
- Try to be positive and do not worry about outcome.
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Why does this role interest you?
- why do you think we should hire you?
- What motivates you at the work?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Are you ready to relocate?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Your expected salary?
- Do you want to ask us something about the company?
Tips to crack these questions
- Be a giver than taker, talk about achievements and contribution.
- Analyze the qualities that you required to achieve something big.
- Never approach the interviewer as a job beggar, go as a problem solver.
- Show your flexible attitude, sound ambitious but stable.
- Sound like a team player but open to take responsibilities.
- Stay confident, composed and calm during the interview.
During an Interview
- Always announce your arrival as you do not want to miss an interview in-spite of arriving on time.
- Try to reach venue 10 to 15 mins early and behave your professional best as you don’t know who will be your prospective interviewer.
- Take permission while entering the room and wear a smile with confidence and determination to succeed.
- Depending upon whether you are being interviewed bu one person or panel of interviewers , greet them politely and appropriately.
- Do not sit down unless you are asked to, wait till the interviewer ask you to do so.
- Conduct your self well , have appropriate body language like you facial expression, eye contact, appearance, gestures,sit erect , look interested, keen , attentive, do not slouch, etc.
- Do not touch you face, shake your legs or fidget with things.
- D o not make unrealistic and tall claims during an interview and never be arrogant or aggressive in front of interviewers.
- If asked about your aspiration, be cautious here and do not appear over ambitious.
- Say thank you while leaving.
- If you do not receive any communication from the company, it is all right to call or contact after a week.
- You may write/mail a simple thank you note on the day after your interview.
- If you get a confirmation mail, be ready with all the credentials.
- Many times not getting selected has no reflection on your capabilities so do not lose heart, keep you spirit high.
I am taking this blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa